How to Become a Member
free meals at fall, winter, and spring gatherings
discount registration at the fall and spring retreats
support of social justice projects
vote for the AUW board members
The cost of the membership is:
$35.00 for the Basic Membership (July 1 – June 30)
$15.00 for Student / Limited Income Membership (July 1 – June 30)
Become a member one of two ways:
Pay by cash or check at the AUW table located in the fellowship hall at First Universalist before or after the services.
Pay for membership on this web page with a credit card by hitting the applicable Membership Fee button below.
Scholarship and Program Donations
Contributions to the Rev. Kate Tucker Retreat Scholarship Fund are used to reduce retreat registration fees for women who do not have the means to pay the full amount.
Contributions to programs and social justice activities support the work of AUW in the church and wider community.
Why Join AUW?
It is a giant talking circle with many little circles inside. As you know, the talking circle is a traditional way for Native American people to solve problems. It is a very effective way to remove barriers and to allow people to express themselves with complete freedom.
Gloria Steinem in her book, My Life on the Road, shares, “one big talking circle where they discover they were neither crazy nor alone in their experience of unfairness or efforts to be their unique selves or for efforts to find community.” “The portable community of talking circles – groups that gather with all five senses and allow consciousness to change.”
You’ll feel better! Physiologically, when two or more women are gathered, oxytocin is released increasing a sense of calm and peace while reducing signs of anxiety, stress, and depression.
Or consider these reasons…
1. Build connections, relationship, and long-term friendships with multiple ages
2. Strengthen and deepen your UU values, spiritual support and growth
3. Participate in a judgeless, opening environment
4. Opportunity to network, exchanging information and ideas
5. Women’s focused social action
6. Space to gain, expand and/or contribute your skills
7. Keep connected about upcoming events and opportunities
8. Support AUW’s annual donations to local organizations that support women’s rights, such as the MN
Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice, Citizens for Election Integrity, MN UU Social Justice Alliance.
9. Receive priority registration and a discount for selected activities
10. Collaborative leadership